[thelist] long, but gentle, rant about the non-ubiquity of technological knowledge (wasRE:Newsletter as HTML Email)

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Feb 1 12:46:12 CST 2007

Steven Streight asked:

>>Any you guys do HP web site?

Hi Steven,

Yes and no.  I only work on some internal parts.  I think we have lots
of different folks/groups/companies working on various portions of the
public site(s). Heck, the
internal stuff too.  And the Extranet.  There is no 'one group' that is
responsible
for the whole shootin match that I could go ask.

>>I cannot find the new product on it and am on the phone right now
>>trying to get the name of that "Send and Receive Email & Photos
>>WITHOUT an Internet Connection" product.

I wish you _would_ come up with the name cuz it's stumping me ... and
I've transferred over to the personal products organization recently.
;-)

I'm a bit puzzled how you send an email or a photo anywhere outside
your personal network without an internet connection ... but that could
just be old Luddite me.  (I'll try to ask one of the Sales/Marketing
dudes once they come back from lunch.)

Here is a link to some HP TV ads.  (I thought the Shaun White ad was
pretty cool.):
http://www.hp.com/personalagain/us/en/index.html?jumpid=ex_R11260_vanity
/personalagain/psg/home

HTH,