[thelist] How does IE store cookies?

Chris Dorer cdorer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 17:35:09 CST 2007

Well,

a friend of mine saw this email and suggested p3p.  P3P working on the site,
though I never heard of it before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P3P
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=p3p

But, since that wasn't the issue.

I then looked at a javascript site a little bit later and ran this:

<head>
<script language=JavaScript>
   document.cookie = "UserName=Paul;expires=Tue, 28 Dec 2010 00:00:00;";
</script>
</head>

IE accepted the cookie.  I went wtf......

And saw the "expires" tag thinking the Apache module took care of that
automatically, but did it anyway.  It worked.

Apparently, IE wants the expires tag, and moziila doesn't give a rats tush
about it and accepts a cookie nonetheless.

Toodles, time for a beer,
Chris

On 2/1/07, Chris Dorer <cdorer at gmail.com> wrote:
>  List,
>
> Who's familiar with how IE stores cookies? I know it's in the
$USER/Cookies directory.

> For reasons, FireFox correctly stores session/regular cookies in a
directory. IE, on the other hand, you try to make a SIMPLE cookie as you
would for FireFox, IE must stores the cookie internally, i cannot find the
cookie file in the assigned directory.

> Does anybody have any thoughts?  Am I missing any pertinent information
that might help you to help figure this out?  I've searched all over Google,
i might have done bad queries, but I'm running out of ideas of searching for
this issue.  Maybe one of you knows?