[thelist] format for video?

ben morrison morrison.ben at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 10:14:14 CST 2007

On 2/2/07, bill scheider <bill at first-encounter-design.com> wrote:

> I'm sure she'll have to take it to someone to have it converted or captured.
> She wouldn't have the software (neither do I). She mentioned going to dvd,
> bu tI'd like her to get it to me in a form that would be easiest for me to
> deal with, if possible.

Its a combination of hardware & software that is required. But yes a
bureau would be a good bet, there are online places as well[1]. DVD is
fine, i've literally just had to put a DVD online, here was my XP
software solution.

Ripped from DVD's VOB file to a suitable AVI file [2]

Converted from AVI to FLV using FLash Video Encoder [3] or for free
RIVA FLV encoder [4]

Inserted onto webpage using SWFObject [5]

ben

[1] http://www.homemoviedepot.com/
[2] http://www.autogk.me.uk/
[3] http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/flashpro/