[thelist] format for video?

David Kaufman david at gigawatt.com
Fri Feb 2 12:45:40 CST 2007

Hi Bill,

bill scheider <bill at first-encounter-design.com> wrote:
> I have a client who was interviewed on a tv station and wants the
> video put on her website. She has it in VHS. What format should I
> have her get it to me in? I don't really even know what questions to
> ask; I have no experience with video, so this will be a first!
>
> Any suggestions, gotchas, or links to help would be very much
> appreciated.

Wal-Mart and Walgreens will both convert a VHS tape to a DVD for you.  *then* you can go down the rabbit-hole of transferring, encoding, converting and/or saving it into some file format suitable for the web.  I can't offer much help there :-)

If you end up with a FLV though, allow me to recommend http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=Flash_Media_Player

-dave