[thelist] Popup and opener interaction

Charles Wiltgen cwiltgen at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 19:10:45 CST 2007

>> But now that I have, the javascript is already
growing rather
>> large. I'd rather not put all the functions
necessary for the
>> actual chatsessions and all the output to fill the
popup in
>> the customer's site as well, because that would
significantly
>> increase the size of the JS file.
>
> But it wouldn't increase the total size, as you
wouldn't need to
> download the pop-up's html anymore. And the JS file
should be
> cached anyway.

And if you haven't already, you can really speed
things up by putting your
scripts into one file, using ShrinkSafe
<http://alex.dojotoolkit.org/shrinksafe/> (be sure to
use JSLint to validate
your JS before that), and configuring Apache to
automatically "deflate" JS
files as it serves them for clients that support it.

-- Charles