[thelist] Open Source government wikis

Steven Streight steven.streight at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 09:45:22 CST 2007

Wiki vandalism is highly over-hyped. It's similar to preventing comment spam
and spambot drippings on blogs. For blogs, you use comment moderation,
perhaps a captcha in rare and extreme cases of botnet spam attacks.

For wikis, you simply make it semi-public, in other words, only authorized
team members can edit anything, but the pool of team members can expand as
they are invited or as they request to be contributors.

I suggest everyone interested in collab to read WIKINOMICS by Don Tapscott
(author of The Digital Economy) and discover how even goldmining was
crowdsourced by Goldcorp, Inc, and many other stories.