[thelist] tier referencing - (.net, c#, web ap)

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Wed Feb 7 16:44:18 CST 2007

On Wednesday 07 February 2007 14:25, Lightning wrote:
> I have added BusinessTier as reference to the WebLogin project.
>
> I get compile message "The type or namesace name 'BusinessTier' does not
> exist in class or namespace 'WebLogin'. Are you missing an assembly
> reference? "
>
> The BusinessTier in turn uses a DataTier, and this connection is working.
> One thing I notice is that dll's have generated for the data tier, but not
> for the business tier.
>
> QUestions:
> 1. what software will read the dll's (I have tried many.)

Not a Windows expert, but afaik you can't "read" dll files themselves unless
you are seriously into cracking, but you can make API calls to see what they
return.

> 2. How can I create/generate the proper dll's for the business tier?

Have you tried this tool?

http://www.dependencywalker.com/

"For each module found, it lists all the functions that are exported by that
module, and which of those functions are actually being called by other
modules. Another view displays the minimum set of required files, along with
detailed information about each file including a full path to the file, base
address, version numbers, machine type, debug information, and more."
--
cheers,

        mark