[thelist] SOLVED: Making same modification to large number of files

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Fri Feb 9 10:22:59 CST 2007

> Don't know what you mean, I'm afraid. Is 'include' a unix command?

interestingly enough, yes, it is :)

your original question seemed to be about changing static footers on a
bunch of web pages

> I need to change a small amount of text in the footer that appears
> on every single page.

so, I was hoping that, rather than just finding an elaborate solution
which you'll just have to use again next time, you'd find an elaborate
solution you could use just once, make the footer an server side
include, and then next time, just change the include instead of all the
files.

did I miss something really fundamental, and now I look like a goob?

joel