[thelist] SOLVED: Making same modification to large number of files

Barney Carroll barney at textmatters.com
Fri Feb 9 11:27:27 CST 2007

Sarah Adams wrote:
> You may be right that for now it's easier to just replace the content
> than to implement SSIs. But what about the next time a change needs to
> be made? If you invest the extra time to convert to SSI now, such
> changes in the future will require nothing more than updating the
> appropriate include file. Trust me, you'll thank yourself for it later :)

I appreciate the advice guys, but it's not my business really. I don't
manage the site, and although it /would/ be making things easier for me
in the long run were updates required on a regular basis, I stand by not
improving products without being specifically called on and paid to do
so - sound like stingyness but not doing so devalues the trade in my
opinion.

Besides this is a legacy site which is dead to all intents and purposes.

Believe me, I didn't design this thing, I am a firm believer in the use
of python to build modular sites out of components. But this thing is,
as I say, not my responsibility.

Regards,
Barney