[thelist] "Web 2.0 sites with the big friendly fonts"

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 10:53:59 CST 2007

> Now I suppose you want to say Wikipedia is just an over glamourized Lotus
> Notes and a blog is just a simple CMS, thus ignoring the truly Revolutionary
> aspects of how the new Web 2.0 technology is making a radically different
> and more user participatory web.

No totally not. I was referring to "web sites that are more than
brochureware" which for me is the definition of web site, as the
posterchild web presence that does not encourage participation or
offers information in shareable formats is "brochureware".

> It's not that the technology floated down from a UFO bringing unprecedented
> functionalities, it's that the best of it (YouTube, Digg, Swicki, Flickr,
> Blogger, RSS, Google mashups, etc.) are empowering the average person to
> communicate on a more level playing field with corporations and big media,
> often surpassing them with "viral" luckiness or genius, as the case may be.
>
> To say it's same-o same-o is to drastically misinterpret the user impact and
> the new community of co-creators enabled by RIA.

I am all for (and about) web2.0, I just see it not as a matter of
technology. It is about content - however generated - and shared.

More later after this is finally out: http://qurl.com/qrcc3 :)

--
Chris Heilmann
Book: http://www.beginningjavascript.com