[thelist] "Web 2.0 sites with the big friendly fonts"

Barney Carroll barney at textmatters.com
Thu Feb 22 11:09:13 CST 2007

Misunderstandings:

There is no Web 1.0; Web 2.0 is not a new version of the internet; It is
not a new technology; It is not a skillset or craft.

At a stretch you could call it a philosophy, but that philosophy has all
the same precepts as what the web was going do for us in the first
place, it is just fresher.

If a client (even a very rich one) asked me if I could develop a Web 2.0
site, I wouldn't give them a yes/no answer. It sounds like shooting
myself in the foot, but I couldn't take myself seriously if I said yes,
and likely I couldn't develop the nuclear fission reactor contained
entirely in their employee's browser viewports that they might
understand by that.

You guys can go off into the warp gate without me, and I'll stick here
on this cold, boring first edition of the cybernet, but I'm sure we'll
still bump into each-other from time to time. Hehehe.

Regards,
Barney