[thelist] [OT] Describing role of individual developer operating as a company

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 09:41:53 CST 2007

On 2/26/07, Vijay Immanuel <codelad at gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently, I was required to submit a formal technical resumé of myself
> for a business offer, and I have a problem describing my role in the
> company precisely. It is in effect a one-man company, and my
> "official" role is as it's "sole proprietor", which somehow sounds too
> absurd in a technical resumé, IMHO. Will "web developer" undermine my
> role in running the company (which honestly isn't much more than a
> couple of hours of paperwork every year)? Should I stick to "web
> developer" and briefly mention that I also run the company?

Are you approaching this business opportunity as a company or an
individual? What you call yourself on your resume depends on what deal
you are trying to strike. It's not really something we can give a
blanket answer for. Perhaps if you provide more explanation of the
deal, we can offer a better answer.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA