[thelist] Calendar solutions

Rob O'Rourke rob at sanchothefat.com
Wed Feb 28 11:56:35 CST 2007

Hi everyone,

    I'm a bit pushed for time so haven't been able to do much of my own
research so far. I have a friend who needs to implement a calendar on a
website showing available dates for holiday homes, so it has to be easy
to imbed in a simple web page.

    I was thinking of a JS solution like YUI but how are the dates you
see added? It's more for picking dates isn't it or can dates be
added/entered via an xml file or similar?

    Another solution I thought of is to have a software package (PHP is
safest bet) that offers an admin back-end for updating the calendar...

    Or finally, a way of subscribing to an iCal that his client updates
using sunbird or something. Can sunbird produce a feed to the YUI calendar?

    I'll do some more digging later but hopefully you guys can help me
speed up the process =]

    Cheers,
    Rob