[thelist] Calendar solutions

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 12:43:13 CST 2007

On 2/28/07, Rob O'Rourke <rob at sanchothefat.com> wrote:
> > Yes, but your friend would need to write code to retrieve the XML,
> > walk the tree, and translate the XML to API calls (would be relatively
> > simple in this case)
> >

> Can YUI calendar subscribe to an .ics file? We're doing the hosting and
> have WebDAV if that makes things easier...

As far as I know, there are no built-in hooks like this (how would it
know what you want to do with the ics file, exactly?). You can
retrieve the file via XHR, parse it, and load the data via API calls.
Seems like this might be a little tough:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar#Core_object

Your best option there would likely be to fetch the ics from the
server, parse it with any one of a number of libraries, and output a
JavaScript array or object.

--
Matt Warden
Cleveland, OH, USA