[thelist] auto repair database

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri Mar 16 11:44:53 CDT 2007

Unfortunately as far as I have been able to find, the data is
proprietary and confined to two companies: Mitchell and AllData. And
they are serious about protecting their intellectual property. They are
in bed with parts manufacturers who are in bed with the automakers. Its
a nice cozy family and you won't likely find them giving up a
competitive advantage soon, alas. So if you really need the data, you
are probably going to have to look into a licensing deal and be prepared
to fork out a hefty chunk of change.

Judah