[thelist] auto repair database

alan herrell - the head lemur headlemur at lemurzone.com
Fri Mar 16 11:56:06 CDT 2007

Joel D Canfield wrote:
> prospect's web app will need access to a database of auto parts costs and labor times - they have the books, and we all feel the data must already be out there, just don't know where to look.
>
> I'm checking with Mitchell, the big parts manual company, but I'm still looking for other options.
>
> thanks
>
> joel

there are only two players
mitchell and hollander
you are going to have a hell of a time however.
there are two sources for this information
bodyshops estimating programs and mechanics estimating programs
in the bodyshop industry 'times' are in the collision manuals, but the
caveat is that the times listed as well as parts pricing works like this:
time for R&I is new undamaged parts on new undamaged cars. Yes this
sounds crazy and it is.
Parts pricing is usually Factory MSRP.
there is Mitchell Ultramate,and CCC,
In auto repair there is All Data and the rest who are bit players.

It will cost a fortune to license.

--
alan herrell - the head lemur
raving lunacy