[thelist] Modifying a list

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Wed Mar 28 11:50:57 CDT 2007

On Monday 26 March 2007 14:26, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
> <li> tag results in a list with Arabic numbers and decimal point. Is it
> possible to use a different symbol with Arabic numbers in such a list? Is
> there any CSS code to do so?

At the state of html and css we're at now, no. About the only other
semi-reliable (http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1#list-style-type) decimal option
is decimal-leading-zero. There are some Netscape Proprietary properties such
as -moz_urdu that didn't make it to the I18N Tests:

http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css/properties/list/lstype.htm
http://www.w3.org/International/tests/sec-list-style-type-1.html

It may be worth some experimentation with the marker-offset property, seems
that you can use a combination of specifying the width and overflow to get
rid of the dot/period after the number, haven't tried it myself.

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/generate.html#markers

--
cheers,

        mark