[thelist] Upgrade to VS 2005

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Fri Mar 30 12:18:35 CDT 2007

I'm trying to upgrade from Visual Studio 2003 to 2005.  The new
framework (2.0) is installed on the dev server and all of the sites have
been transferred from 1.1 to 2.0 successfully.

I'm experiencing a weird bug with VS 2005.  We're all familiar with the
dialog box that is associated with the "Open File" routing. At the top
of this dialog box is a "Look In" dropdown which is used to change the
current location from which a file or solution can be opened.

Well, whenever I try to use this dropdown box, VS 2005 hangs.  If I wait
about 2 minutes, it frees up, but then if I try to navigate at all
within this dialog box, it hangs again.

I've  uninstalled and re-installed.  Then I ran the Repair.  No good.  I
tried twice to install the service pack for this application, but it
errors out.  (No meaningful or helpful reason is given.)

I've tried to search on Google to see if anyone else has seen this
problem.

visual studio 2005 "look in" open hangs

visual studio 2005 open project error

visual studio 2005 error can't open project

And a few others

I'm on Windows Server 2003.

Any ideas?  Thanks,

Casey