[thelist] Carrer Help

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 06:03:33 CDT 2007

> Unfortunately this holds true not only with trivial classes like HTML
> at my school but programming courses as well. Professors aren't up to
> date and there's little point to getting a degree in CS since it's
> instantly about 10 years old.

Yes, there is also the issue that backend system development using
HTML and CSS (B2B, intranets. enterprise level CMS and DMS) is very
much stuck in the 90ies. I just came back from giving a workshop in
Singapore and the amount of "oh" and "ah" moments in the audience when
I showed some CSS to aid my DOM Scripts was staggering.

It is time that web standards evangelists start looking outside the
Blog and Brochureware world before claiming that the standards war is
won.

--
Chris Heilmann
Book: http://www.beginningjavascript.com