[thelist] (no subject)

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Thu Apr 5 16:37:55 CDT 2007

In .net 2.0, I have a GridView in which I'm trying to format a phone
number.

<asp:BoundField DataField="phone1" DataFormatString="{0:(###)###-####}"
HeaderText="Phone"

                            HtmlEncode="False" SortExpression="phone1">

                            <HeaderStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" />

                        </asp:BoundField>

I can't figure out why it's not working!  I have other BounfFields which
work just fine using various DataFormatStrings.  According to many sites
I have found with Google, this SHOULD work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Casey