[thelist] Ack! Multiple IE installer broke! Need help!

Micky Hulse micky at ambiguism.com
Sun Apr 8 08:04:35 CDT 2007

Hi Kasimir! Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the help. :)

kasimir-k wrote:
> Use Virtual PC[0] instead. Or get MS's readymade package of XP sp2 with
> IE6[1].
> [0]http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx
> [1]http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=70868

Great info! Thanks for the links. Going to use this approach to testing
instead. :D

By chance, do you happen to know where I could get a compiled version of
XP with IE5.5? Or, other versions of the OS (i.e. win2k) with 5.5 / 6.0
installed? I am willing to pay the $$$$. :)

I guess optimally, it would be cool to have two vpc images... Both XPSP2
-- one with 5.5 and other with 6.0, and both without the "time bomb"
restrictions.

Where would I go to download such a thing? Or, do I have to buy a couple
versions of the OS myself, and generate the images manually?

Hehe, either way, this is great! I have no time to trouble-shoot the
Tredsoft installs... and I can now see why the VPC route is better anyway.

Thanks Kasimir! I owe you one. :)

Have a great day/night!
Cheers,

Wishlists: <http://snipurl.com/vrs9>