[thelist] IE 7 and transparent gif background

Mark Groen evolt at markgroen.com
Sun Apr 8 18:51:52 CDT 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 16:31, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> On 4/8/07, Mark Groen <evolt at markgroen.com> wrote:
> > Using my Linux IE7 test browser
>
> wild :-)   Is that using Wine?
>
> > Can anyone with IE 7 on Windows replicate/confirm the behaviour
>
> IE7/XPsp2 under VMWare on SuSE10 -- no such problems noted.

Helps immensely! Anyone else?

*Maybe* just a bug as the implementation isn't as perfect as the IE6, 5.5 and
5.0 browsers for IEs4Linux that I also have running side by side, and my Win
OS partition is ancient. It's a great suite, read everything before
installing as there are special instructions for each Linux distro. Other
than the odd gif rendering I am seeing, the layout engine seems to be an
exact match for Win and IE7:

http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/news/

About the only thing I use Windows for in the past couple years has been
Fireworks (GIMP is too much like Photoshop for me). Still using version 3 -
although I have the full MX suite on a Windows XP boxen upstairs my own PC
has Win98 on the other partition, and Win98 won't do MX. The Win98 partition
is mapped to the Linux media directory, runs great with WINE and both OS's
work happily together at the same time when needed.
--
cheers,

        mark