[thelist] Electronic Frontier Foundation: Don't Let Europe Turn Its Citizens into Copycriminals!

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 05:51:36 CDT 2007

On 12/04/07, A Maynes <andrew at milords.com> wrote:
>If IPRED2 passes in its current form, "aiding, abetting, or
>inciting" copyright infringement on a "commercial scale" in
>the EU will become a crime.

Strange, as I understand it, it's already a crime.

Why specify "commercial scale"?  Does that mean aiding, abetting or
inciting free copies would become legal?  Are they actually relaxing
the laws?  Wonderful!

It tickles me when I watch a DVD there's sometimes a FACT advert (that
you can't skip - I'm going to miss tapes) which starts: "You wouldn't
steal a car...", and I think to myself: "No I wouldn't, but if there
was a machine that could create an exact clone..."

--
Lee