[thelist] GridView Login Fail

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Wed Apr 18 17:34:55 CDT 2007

I'm deploying a .net 2.0 gridview for the first time.  It looks like the
features are pretty slick.  Using the interface in VS2005, I created a
connection and a query, tested it, and got it to work.  But, at runtime
I get this error:

Login failed for user 'big'.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for
user 'xxx'.

I am using MSSQL 2000.  VS2005 is on my local machine.  The project and
the db server are both the same machine which I access via a network
drive.  I ran the same page in IE on the dev server and got the same
error.  Back in VS2005, if I display the connection string, it looks
like this:

Data Source=10.x.x.xxx;Initial Catalog=buildersgroup;User ID=xxx

All of this is correct, but there is no password.  I also noticed that
no matter how many times I clicked "save my password" on the Connection
interface, it still asked for it again.  The logical conclusion would be
that it's not storing the password, but I'm not sure what to do about
it.

Confused.

Casey