[thelist] [OT] - I'm not a flash fan, bu tI've fallen in love with this...

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 07:59:52 CDT 2007

> It's not often I see any Flash worth looking at, let alone commenting
> on... this is a delightful exception.
>
> Love it :)

Jesus, this is an out-of-the-box solution and was explained in several books:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/javascript/2004/09/03/flashhacks.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=flash+book+turning+pages&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Personally I find it flashy for three seconds then the fiddly
interface, its memory consumption and obvious accessibility flaws make
me leave.

This is the web, interaction concept of the real world don't work as
well as we are not using our fingers but a small mouse pointer or a
keyboard. Puma had their whole online catalogue like that but changed
it very quickly:
http://writerresponsetheory.org/wordpress/2005/06/02/puma-e-catalog/

Then again, the book started it all:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xFAWR6hzZek