[thelist] State of the art in CAPTCHA decoding?

vaspers grate vaspers.grate at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 08:38:59 CDT 2007

I've been blogging about 3 years now, and I used a CAPTCHA for a while, when
spambots were attacking. But it is getting harder for humans to read the
visual noised text, or the warped letters. I find CAPTCHAS very annoying.

CAPTCHAs are for spambot floods, where it would be time consuming to delete
the spam comments.

Use comment moderation with delayed posting instead. People don't have to
have instant gratification that their comment got posted. A few hours, a day
later, that's okay, it appears once I moderate it.

I never censor due to differing opinions, or flames against myself. I only
delete vulgar, porn, racist, other abusive comments, which are rare on my
blog.

Comment moderation, with email notification of comments in moderation,
awaiting approval.

--
Steven E. Streight aka Vaspers the Grate

http://www.vaspersthegrate.blogspot.com
http://spyderblog1.blogspot.com

vaspers.grate at gmail.com