[thelist] HTTP links in HTTPS content

Jonathan Snook jonathan.snook at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:12:02 CDT 2007

On 4/20/07, John DeStefano <john.destefano at gmail.com> wrote:

> (note: I'm saying "link to," and not "pull content from"; two distinct
> actions), instead of statically copying content from another site.

I've never heard of unsecure links causing this issue. Are you absolutely
positive there are no external content such as javascript files, CSS or
images getting pulled in? Otherwise, any chance the users who encounter this
are using something like Google Web Accelerator which may inadvertently be
trying to pull unsecure items in? (not that I've heard that necessarily
being a problem, I'm just throwing it out there)