[thelist] how can I establish a more reliable connection to myweb server?

Brian Cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Wed Apr 25 13:36:27 CDT 2007

> no idea if Sprint is their provider; I hope they have eleventyleven OC3s from various carriers. the tracert experiences multipe timeouts in Sprint's network every time I check, whether or not they're Crystal Tech's provider.

Sprint is probably how YOU get out through YOUR ISP to your server location.

 From home (through comcast cable), I run through mostly level3 hops on
the way to my server 2 time zones away from me.
VPN'ed into my work machine (running SBC biz DSL), I run mostly through
savvis.

There have been times where i couldn't get to my server from my home
machine, but could through my work machine.

I'd contact your ISP before you do anything else and see if they can
trouble shoot the hops from your house to your server.