[thelist] The quagmire of CMS - Contribute

Rachel Lam lists at ewe-wish.com
Wed Apr 25 14:16:18 CDT 2007

> Current situation - I have to set up a site such that the client can
> update it through Contribute.  I rather expected some problem, but
> really it totally breaks up in contribute,.
>
> I can convert to tables and undoubtedly make it work.  With Contribute
> being the requirement, does anyone have alternative suggestions?

Have you looked into "design time stylesheets"? They should let you
hide some of the positioning CSS that's causing problems. I don't know
how well they actually work, but I think they're what you need.

http://cssbeauty.com/skillshare/discussion/479/css-contribute/#Item_2

http://www.meded.umn.edu/positioning.cfm - they show an example of
pages that hide most of the elements from Contribute users

http://www.dmxzone.com/ShowDetail.asp?NewsId=5748 (full article is $3)

- Rachel