[thelist] .NET 2.0 Login Control Error

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Sat May 5 17:04:13 CDT 2007

Thanks Tim.  I am almost following you... Not sure how to access the SQL
Server management Studio.

Start > All Programs > Microsost SQL Server 2005 Express > Configuration
Tools > ???

Am I headed in the right direction here?  Or should I be looking inside
of VS 2005?

Casey

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Tim Gaunt
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 3:48 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] .NET 2.0 Login Control Error

You need to ensure that ASPNET has access to the database, to do this,
log
onto the machine's SQL Server Express instance (using SQL Server
Management
Studio) and add a new login of: MachineName\ASPNET (in this case I would
think it's LocalHost).

You may also find you need to add "NT Authority\SYSTEM" as well.

HTH

Tim