[thelist] image resolution overview

Stephen Rider evolt_org at striderweb.com
Sun May 20 23:03:47 CDT 2007

On May 20, 2007, at 2:15 PM, Christian Heilmann wrote:

>> I'm having trouble putting into words ( non-techy words for a non-
>> techy
>> audience) why it is important to adjust image resolution from
>> whatever
>> dpi, 300-600, to 72 (or perhaps 96) for use on the internet and in
>> email.  Point me to a short article (a paragraph) would be fine. -Bob
>
> File size? Just show them the same image in 300 DPI and in 72 DPI and
> the file size it has and then show them a graph that shows how long
> this'll take on different connections to download

There's a program called Sloppy that acts as a "slow proxy" so you
can see directly how long it takes to view a page at various
connection speeds.

Check it out:
<http://www.dallaway.com/sloppy/>

With this you can skip the chart and just show people with a
demonstration. :)

Stephen Rider

--
http://striderweb.com/