[thelist] Weird VS2005 Publishing Problem

Casey Crookston caseyc at IntelliSoftmn.com
Thu May 24 08:30:11 CDT 2007

I am developing a small website with VS2005.  On my local machine (dev)
version everything executes exactly as it should.  But, when I publish
the site out to the test server, there is one small function that
performs some basic calculations which is not executing properly.  It
does not give an error, it just simple does not work right, and returns
incorrect values.  It's like it's still executing old code from three or
four versions ago before I had this function working correctly.

Both versions, dev and test, pull data from the same database, so that
is not the issue.  To rule out something with the test server, I
published the site to a different directory on my local machine and then
executed the function in a browser.  It had the same problem, so the
problem is not server based.

It would appear that when the site is published it just simply is not
doing so with the most recent version of code. The only version that
executes correctly is my dev version.  How can this be?  What do I do
about it?  I'm rather stumped.

Thanks,

Casey