[thelist] What is the best programming language for the web?

Ken Moore psm2713 at hotmail.com
Thu May 24 13:09:29 CDT 2007

Hi all,

You are going to get a lot of personal preferences (i.e. IMHOs) here.

Re.: I would like to open up a discussion on which programming language is
'best'
      for web programming. . .  I was recently told that C could run up to
170 times faster.

C runs very fast IF you take all of the safe guards off. I have heard of
people doing that in C, get into a loop, and writing 1000s of times to a
100-member array. This filled up their HD and it crashed. Both C and PHP can
be fairly cryptic but there are lots of PHP scripts for free.

Ken