[thelist] FF redraw problem with sliding transition (ben morrison)

Robert Douglas robert.douglas at rightmove.co.uk
Sat May 26 09:41:35 CDT 2007

Thanks very much, Ben. Simple solution and works a dream. Much
appreciated.

Jonathon, I'd tried your suggestion previously and it didn't seem to
work but thanks anyways.
PS. Enjoy your site. Just thought you'd like to know.

On 5/25/07, Robert Douglas <robert.douglas at rightmove.co.uk> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm trying to hide and show a menu using Javascript - see
> http://anucreative.com/sandbox/test.htm and try the links at the top
> (the animation is slowed down to make it easier to see what's
> happening). All seems good when the menu has overflow: hidden, but if
> I set overflow: scroll I get redrawing issues in Firefox. Any ideas on

> how to fix this?

Regardless of what your final functionality would be, in this instance
since you are hiding the menu with the animation, why don't you simply
change the overflow to hidden once you begin to close the menu and vice
versa. Currently its trying to do what you have told it to:
display the overflow.

ben