[thelist] dynamically hiding table rows?

Jeffrey Barke jeffrey.barke at themechanism.com
Fri Jun 1 16:28:14 CDT 2007

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with a few statements here:

 >> How about using style.visibility = 'collapse'

IE does not support collapse.

 >> BTW, correct style.display for table row is not 'block' but
'table-row'

This is true, but IE does not support table-row, so it's table-row
for all the browsers except IE, which must be fed block.

 >> You want to use the DOM.

Why, if this works? DOM involves more work and more overhead.

 >> But doesn't that DELETE the content, once removed the information
is lost?

Yes, unless you store it in a variable, the node and its contents are
gone. Which is why we won't use the DOM.

I have a working demo here [Mac: Safari FF; PC: Opera FF IE7 IE6 IE5.5]
http://themechanism.com/demo/tables.htm

Jeffrey

--
Cheers.
Jeffrey Barke

http://www.theMechanism.com

Subscribe to theMechcast, our monthly Podcast:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/theMechcast

theMechanism - London
3rd Floor
405 The Strand
London E14 9FW
United Kingdom
t: +44 (0)20 7240 4942
f: +44 (0)20 7240 2262

--
The information contained in this Electronic mail message is attorney
privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of

Blah, blah, blah...