[thelist] Scrolling ticker

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Jun 7 20:43:08 CDT 2007

How about if you forget about pixels and do something like this pseudocode:

doStuff() {
  Wait()
  myCurrentAchor++
  scrollMe()
  doStuff()
}

myNextAnchorFunction() {
  myCurrentAchor++
  scrollMe()
  resetWait()
  doStuff()
}

myPreviousAnchorFunction() {
  myCurrentAchor--
  scrollMe()
  resetWait()
  doStuff()
}

scrollMe() {
  slideToAnchor(myCurrentAnchor)
}

I find tickers that pause for you to read them to be easier to read anyway.

- Erik