[thelist] SQL server MS DB cannot form relationships help?

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jun 12 06:26:39 CDT 2007

Did you say you were creating the FK constraint within Enterprise Manager,
and both the tables are within SQL Server? Then I think that Access is out of
the picture at this stage. There is some problem with creating the constraint
within SQL Server itself.

What is in your ALTER table statement? And what data do you have already that
may violate the proposed constraint etc?

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of A Maynes
Sent: Tuesday, 12 June 2007 5:51 PM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] SQL server MS DB cannot form relationships help?

>> Could someone point me to a good resourse for
>> creating relationships on tables that MS Access is using please?
>
>ms access?  or sql server?

Microsoft Office Access and Microsoft MSSQL

The Access DB is a MS Access project DB with the data coming in from the
MSSQL DB I am simply having problems creating a relationship within the
MSSQL that is then seen within the MS Access DB

I'm just looking for recommended resources so I can read up on using
MSSQL for MS Access project DB's as this is a shared application

Andrew