[thelist] Safari on Windows

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jun 12 10:28:33 CDT 2007

Hi,

Pretty much exactly the same problems you hear about when people complain
about "insecure" Internet Explorer...

Remote code execution is the worst - someone manages to execute some kind of
code from within your browser process. It has the same privileges that your
process has. Sans UAC on Vista, this may mean that it's capable of doing
whatever you are capable of doing interactively.

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org
[mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Joel D Canfield
Sent: Wednesday, 13 June 2007 1:11 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Safari on Windows

> Seriously, though.  It could allow remote execution on your PC
> (essentially install any software it wants)

right; got it.

to continue my eddicashun, and hoping it's not too off-topic, if the
browser allows remote execution, is it acting as something other than
the anonymous web user? as in, I'm an administrator on my own WinXP box,
so it has godlike powers?

faaaaaaar too long away from networking to have a grip on this stuff
anymore

thanks again

joel