[thelist] Safari on Windows

Jason Handby jason.handby at corestar.co.uk
Tue Jun 12 13:41:05 CDT 2007

> Just thought I'd pass it along.  All those Windows and Linux users
> who have been jumping through hoops to test for Apple's Safari
> browser, can take a deep breath and relax.
>
> They've just put out a beta of Safari for Windows.  :)

I just got the latest instalment from Joel Spolsky, which talks about
font rendering in Safari / Windows:

It's a little disappointing by his normal standards. In one paragraph he
talks about how "the advantage of Microsoft's method is that it works
better for on-screen reading", and in the next paragraph he criticizes
them for being as unstylish as Wal-Mart.

I don't mind having my browser fonts rendered so as to enhance their
screen readability. I am, after all, reading them on a screen!

Jason