[thelist] Safari on Windows

Joel D Canfield joel at streamliine.com
Tue Jun 12 15:56:04 CDT 2007

> IMHO, at one end of the scale there is "looks really nice but is not
> practical or usable". I hesitate to call that "cool". At the other
> extreme there is "has all the right buttons but is ugly". I
> hesitate to describe that as "working".

agreed absolutely; my labels 'cool' and 'working' were quoting what the
other Joel seemed to be saying

personally, I'm a massive non-fan of Apple, *except* the appearance of
everything they do. my iPod looks ten times cooler than my iRiver.
except I have to make an appointment to drive 40 miles to have someone
look at my broken one-month-old iPod, and my two-year-old iRiver is
still working, so I have no idea what it'll take to fix it if it ever
does break.

yeah; 'cool' and 'working' are both nice to have, but I agree that
marvelous efficiency appeals more to me in my tools

joel