[thelist] Substitute for arguments.caller?

liorean liorean at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 03:44:33 CDT 2007

On 21/06/07, Marcus Bristav <marcus.bristav at gmail.com> wrote:
> Today I'm using arguments.caller to get my own stack trace whenever I
> want to debug an exception or find out who is calling me and then
> prints it to some div or something (yeah, I know I can use Firebug but
> we're developing Ajax applications on IPTV STBs). Opera doesn't
> support arguments.caller as far as I know. Is it possible to get the
> same behaviour on Opera somehow (Opera 8 mainly)

IIRC the standard has it as arguments.callee.caller, not as
arguments.caller. See if changing to that one makes it work in Opera.

If that doesn't work, I seem to recall it's possible to get a stack
trace in Opera using the window.opera object, but as I'm not on my
home comp right now I'm afraid I don't have the details of how to do
that at hand.

Also, as an aside, I'd worry more about Opera 9 than Opera 8, Opera
users tend to update fairly fast compared to any of the other
browsers.
--
David "liorean" Andersson