[thelist] return false... but still scrolling

Brian Cummiskey brian at hondaswap.com
Sun Jun 24 20:08:19 CDT 2007

I have a simple image pallette which with JS alters the select drop down.

while this code is far from unobtrusive, the option to manually select
the color from the drop down exists which makes this OK to use (the rest
of the site is horridly coded by someone else anyway.....)

i'm using a simple:  <a href="#" onclick="setcolor('thecolorcode');
return false;">IMAGE</a>
for lack of a better idea.

this 'link' is below the fold on my resolution.  but when clicked, the
page scrolls up to # (aka, the top) and also alters the URL to include
the # in it.

I thought the return false stopped this from happening?   Am i missing
something obvious?

Thanks