[thelist] Automatic Phone Call

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jun 26 09:14:05 CDT 2007

Fred Jones asked about automated phone calls:

Hi Fred,

I think I would look at it as a texting app instead of voice because (a)
I think it would be easier to 'verify' a wider array of responses, and
(b) I think it allows you to tap into a larger market than the VOIP
crowd.

[But then again, I'm not an asterisk wizard so I don't know all it can
do!]

HTH,
RonL.

./C asked:
>>Is it just me or is this a bit off topic?

Hi ./C,

It depends ... There was a time, (circa 1986), when services like the
above were touted as the bread and butter for these new ISP creatures.
Of course, that was back when the 'I' in ISP stood for 'Information'
instead of 'Internet'.

;-)