[thelist] <fieldset> and <legend> vs <h2>

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 07:45:13 CDT 2007

Bill Moseley scribeva in 27/06/2007 12:12:
> Is it appropriate to use if the form only has a single field?

IMO yes. But often even more appropriate is to use <label>

> It's been recommended that this is overkill and should use <h2> for
> the legend instead (and I assume wrap the fields in some block-level
> tag).

I fail to see any overkill there.

I think it's a good idea to use elements as they are intended: <h2> (why
exactly h2, why the recommender didn't recommend h1 or h6?) is for
headings, not  to assign captions to form elements, which is the purpose
of <legend> and <label>.

.k