[thelist] php session timeout

Dejan Kozina dejan at kozina.com
Sun Jul 1 12:03:01 CDT 2007

On a shared server the current trend is to have PHP run as a CGI with
phpsuexec or something similar that runs the scripts with your user
permissions instaed of the webserver's. Such a setup allows
per-directory configuration of PHP: try putting a php.ini file there
with your session_timeout value.

djn

Bob Meetin wrote:
> I could probably google this and get more information than I can review
> in a lifetime or ask the list.
>
> With the hosting service I use they seem to have a default timeout of
> about 30 minutes (between 30-45) built in on the Apache server.  I don't
> have access to the php.ini file but I can run phpinfo.php and can update
> my .htaccess file.  Is there anything fairly simple I can do to up the
> limit or do I need to write some additional timeout stuff into my php
> scripts.
>
> -Bob

Dejan Kozina Web design studio
Dolina 346 (TS) - I-34018 Italy
tel./fax: +39 040 228 436 - cell.: +39 348 7355 225 skype: dejankozina
http://www.kozina.com/  - e-mail: dejan at kozina.com