[thelist] .NET and MSSQL data validation

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sat Jul 7 20:53:37 CDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 08:07 -0700, Joel D Canfield wrote:
  [responding to Ken Schaefer who wrote:]
> > you'll need to
> > recreate the valid options again on the server once the data
> > is posted, in
> > order to validate the selected options from the user.
>
> this is an intranet for a smallish company, so the users won't have
> javascript turned off or mucked with (they're the ones who'll directly
> benefit from the tool) and the chances of even two people using this
> tool simultaneously are so slight we can call them zero.

Even on an intranet, there is the possibility browsing platforms without
Javascript may need to be used at some point. You can never assume
Javascript capability is always there and that Javascript will always
execute unmolested. Yes, even on an intranet.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>