[thelist] Web Dev Program

Barney Carroll barney at textmatters.com
Mon Jul 9 11:37:19 CDT 2007

Nan Harbison wrote:
> But wait, Deamweaver is so excellent about having tags and text color
> coding. If I omit a double quote, I know right away because the colors
> change. I don't use it to create pages, but I get it for free from the
> school district I work for. My eyes get a little bleary looking at hundreds
> of lines of black text on a white background.
> Just my 2 cents.
> Nan

Those things are cool.

I use TextWrangler [1] on mac and Vim [2] on PC/Unix for intelligent
code colour-coding, automatic arrangement, closing tags, and powerful
repeat functions etc.

I find these to be more intelligent and a lot less full of assumptions
than Dreamweaver, MS Expression, or GoLive - not to mention free and
completely unbloated.

Regards,
Barney

[1] TextWrangler - http://www.barebones.com/products/textwrangler/