[thelist] Web Dev Program

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Tue Jul 10 01:36:37 CDT 2007

Huh?

Any decent IDE has an inbuilt debugger than you can use to do just-in-time debugging. And compartmentalising/modularising your code makes it *easier* to debug, not harder.

How do you run unit tests or stub your code if you have everything in one huge block?

If you have nice class libraries for common functionality, it becomes very, very easy to test each block, and isolate where you errors are occurring.

Cheers
Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of j s
Sent: Tuesday, 10 July 2007 3:17 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Web Dev Program

Yes it's easier to keep things consistent when you modularize components.  And I definetly understand if your doing a shopping cart the line count would be low.  This is more complicated stuff.  The down side is when big chunks of the asp code are compartmentalized debugging isn't alot of fun.

Thanks for the suggestions.