[thelist] FW: htaccess quandry

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 11:28:15 CDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Barry Woolgar <barry at burnthebook.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello again,
> Ok, lets try this...
>
> ===========================
>
> # Rewrite current-style URLs of the form 'index.php?q=x'.
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>
>   RewriteRule ^feed/?$ http://feeds.feedburner.com/CrossAndThrone[R=301,L]
>   RewriteRule ^category/radio/?$
> http://www.crossandthrone.com/radio-wyll-1160-am [R=301,L]
>
>   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]
>
> ==========================
>
> That should catch your specific redirects, and the rest will fall through
> the general rule

Awesome, that works perfect for the category one. I assume I can do the same
with my list of 404s and update them all in that way. The feed redirects,
but I get one of those weird seo spam sites at
http://feeds.feedburner.com/CrossAndThrone, instead of the feed. Can you not
redirect to a feed?

I assume you've read this:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_rewrite.html

I've gone through it awhile ago. I have a basic understanding of regex, but
it's been awhile. Thanks for the help so far!

Tom