[thelist] ASP.NET - uploading to server

Mattio Valentino mattio.valentino at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 07:56:06 CDT 2007

Hi Roger,

What kind of specific errors are you seeing?

Config files are often slightly different in a test versus production
environment.

In Express, you can't Publish, but you can build, which will compile
everything for your at least.  That gives you the option to copy
everything uncompiled (aspx + cs files) or compiled (aspx + dll
files).

I've found the MSDN help files useful.  I'm also a fan of the Murach's
.NET books.  If you need more help, there are ASP.NET email lists
hanging off of http://aspalliance.com/.  The
http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/ site is great, too.